Montana Ranch and Cattle Feed
NutriGreens, the game-changing livestock fodder that revolutionizes ranching and boosts your bottom line. With NutriGreens, you'll witness remarkable transformations in your livestock's health, meat quality, and overall weight gain.
What truly sets NutriGreens apart is its cost-effectiveness. By optimizing your livestock's nutrition and promoting efficient weight gain, you'll maximize your investment and reduce unnecessary expenses. With NutriGreens, you can achieve outstanding results while keeping your production costs in check.
Benefits of NutriGreens
NutriGreens (barley fodder), also known as barley sprouts or barley grass, offers several benefits as a livestock feed. Here are some advantages of using barley fodder:
- Nutritional Value: NutriGreens is highly nutritious and provides a rich source of essential vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. It contains high levels of protein, fiber, and chlorophyll, making it a valuable addition to animal diets. The sprouting process enhances the bioavailability of nutrients, making them more easily digestible for animals.
- Increased Digestibility: NutriGreens is known for its high digestibility. The sprouting process breaks down complex carbohydrates into simpler forms, making it easier for animals to absorb nutrients from the fodder. This can result in improved feed conversion rates and enhanced animal growth.
- Enhanced Health and Immunity: The chlorophyll content in NutriGreens helps improve blood oxygenation, detoxification, and overall health. It is also a rich source of antioxidants, which can support the immune system of animals and protect against oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Cost-effective Feed: NutriGreens is a cost-effective alternative to traditional feed and commercial feed sources.
- Water Efficiency: Nutrigreens has the advantage of requiring less water compared to traditional forage crops. The concentrated nutrition in the fodder can also help reduce the overall feed intake, resulting in water conservation.
- Environmental Sustainability: NutriGreens as a feed source can contribute to environmental sustainability. By reducing the reliance on conventional feed sources, farmers can help mitigate the environmental impact associated with industrial-scale feed production.
- Versatile Feeding Options: NutriGreens can be fed to a wide range of livestock, including cattle, sheep, goats, horses, pigs and poultry. Its versatility allows farmers to diversify their feeding strategies and provide animals with a fresh, nutrient-rich feed source throughout the year.
Montana Ranch and Cattle NutriGreens
NutriGreens grown by Montana Ranch and Cattle offer nutritional advantages for your animals. Montana Ranch and Cattle NutriGreens enable the digestive system of ruminants to process food much more efficiently than grain. Growing NutriGreens gives access to fresh grass year round regardless of the weather.
Feeding NutriGreens to cows, sheep, goats, chickens and other animals offers benefits including:
- Fast, natural weight gain
- Helps to drought proof a farm
- Produce a consistent feed for consistent flavor
- Increase enzymatic activity in cows
- Reduce feed costs
- Natural hormones, amino acids, omega 3, beta-carotenes, and other beneficial substances
Advantages of NutriGreens
- Better marbling in meat
- Increased fertility rates
- Improved coat shine and body condition
- Excellent herd health and well being
- Decreased mortality rates
NutriGreens Feed Results
A herd of 100 pasture-based Angus bulls and steers were tested in a third-party, controlled feeding trial over a 12 week period. 50 bulls and steers were fed hay, pasture, and grain while 50 bulls and steers were fed hay, pasture, and Montana Ranch and Cattle Feed. Here are the results from the sprout fed group:
- 41% Faster daily weight gain
- 27% Lower feed cost per lb of gain
- 23% Less dry matter consumed
- 0% annualized cull rate vs. 17%
Why NutriGreens is a Healthy Choice
Barley fodder is a nutrient-rich feed option for livestock, particularly forage crops, and it contains various essential vitamins.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): NutriGreens is a good source of thiamine, which is important for energy production, nerve function, and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): NutriGreens contains riboflavin, which plays a crucial role in energy production and helps in the metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Niacin is another vitamin present in NutriGreens, contributing to the metabolism of carbohydrates and fatty acids. It is essential for proper growth and development.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): NutriGreens also contains pantothenic acid, which is involved in energy production and the synthesis of various compounds essential for animal health.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): Pyridoxine is found in NutriGreens
and is involved in numerous metabolic processes, including amino acid metabolism and the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin E: NutriGreens contains vitamin E, an antioxidant that
helps protect cells from oxidative damage. It also plays a role in immunefunction and supports the health of various organs.
- Vitamin K: NutriGreens contains vitamin K, which is necessary
for proper blood clotting and bone health.
- Calcium: NutriGreens provides calcium, which is vital for bone and teeth development, muscle function, and nerve transmission in cattle.
- Phosphorus: NutriGreens is a source of phosphorus, which is crucial for skeletal development, energy metabolism, and various physiological processes in cattle.
- Potassium: NutriGreens contains potassium, an essential mineral involved in muscle contraction, nerve function, and fluid balance in the body.
- Magnesium: NutriGreens offers magnesium, which is necessary for enzyme function, energy metabolism, and the proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
- Copper: NutriGreens provides copper, which is essential for iron metabolism, connective tissue formation, and the production of red blood cells in cattle.
- Zinc: NutriGreens contains zinc, which is involved in numerous enzymatic reactions, immune function, and the growth and development of cattle.
- Manganese: NutriGreens offers manganese, which plays a role in bone development, carbohydrate metabolism, and the formation of connective tissues.
- Iron: NutriGreens provides iron, which is essential for oxygen transport, energy production, and the formation of red blood cells in cattle.
- Selenium: NutriGreens contains selenium, an important antioxidant mineral that supports immune function and helps protect against oxidative stress.
Barley fodder for cattle contains various compounds that contribute to its nutritional value. Here are some key compounds found in barley fodder:
- Carbohydrates: NutriGreens is rich in carbohydrates, which serve as the primary source of energy for cattle. Carbohydrates in barley fodder include starch, cellulose, hemicellulose, and soluble sugars.
- Proteins: NutriGreens contains proteins that provide essential amino acids necessary for growth, repair, and maintenance of bodily tissues in cattle. The protein content of barley fodder can vary depending on factors such as barley variety and sprouting conditions.
- Fiber: NutriGreens contains dietary fiber, including both insoluble and soluble forms. Insoluble fiber, such as cellulose and hemicellulose, aids in proper digestion and helps prevent digestive disorders in cattle. Soluble fiber, such as beta-glucans, can have positive effects on gut health and nutrient absorption.
- Lipids: NutriGreens contains lipids, including fats and oils. While the lipid content in barley fodder is relatively low compared to other feed sources, it still contributes to the energy density of the feed and provides essential fatty acids.
- Enzymes: During the sprouting process, NutriGreens undergoes enzymatic activity that helps break down complex compounds into simpler forms. Enzymes such as amylase, protease, and cellulase become more active, aiding in the digestion and utilization of nutrients by cattle.
- Phytochemicals: NutriGreens
- contains various phytochemicals, including antioxidants like phenolic compounds and flavonoids. These compounds help protect cells from oxidative damage and may have potential health benefits for cattle.
- Phytates: NutriGreens contains phytates, which are compounds that bind to minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. While phytates can reduce the bioavailability of these minerals, the sprouting process in barley fodder can help partially degrade phytates and increase mineral availability.
- Organic acids: NutriGreens contains organic acids, such as acetic acid and lactic acid, which contribute to the sour taste and potential preservation properties of the fodder. These acids can also have a positive impact on rumen fermentation and microbial activity in cattle.