Take out may be nice, but with this recipe you won't have to leave the house at all! Our orange chicken is breaded, fried, and coated with the most amazing sweet and spicy orange sauce.
Takeout Orange Chicken
TAKEOUT ORANGE CHICKEN
Montana Ranch and Cattle Company
Take out may be nice, but with this delicious recipe, you won't have to leave the house at all! This delicious citrus chicken recipe is breaded, fried, and coated with the most amazing sweet and spicy orange sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange zested
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions optional
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Submerge chicken breast pieces in mixture and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together orange juice, orange zest, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer.
In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Pour into sauce mixture and stir in until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large, heavy bottom pot. Heat to 350 degrees. Working in small batches, fry chicken pieces until cooked through and golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from oil, drain, and set on a paper towel lined plate.
Toss fried chicken pieces together with sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories 194, Carbs 23 grams, Protein 19 grams, Fat 2 grams, Sugar 17 grams