Southern Peach cobbler is a traditional dessert in the south. Warm, sweet peaches with a decadent cobbler style crust, topped with a scoop of ice cream making it the perfect treat for any occasion.
Sweet Southern Peach Cobbler
Montana Ranch and Cattle Company
Southern Peach Cobbler is a traditional dessert in the south. Warm, sweet peaches with a decadent cobbler style crust, topped with a scoop of ice cream making it the perfect treat for any occasion.
- 4 to 5 pounds granny smith apples peeled cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter diced
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Spread them out in an even layer in the 9×13 pan.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in butter and mix until it resembles a course meal, or pulse the whole thing together in a food processor or pastry cutter.
Pour in half and half and stir until the batter thickens.
- Scoop the batter in large clumps on top of the apples to form a rustic cobbler crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Let cool for a bit and serve as is or top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Calories 361, Carbs 52 grams, Protein 4 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Sugar 24 grams