There's garlic bread, and then there's garlic bread with cheese! This recipe is perfect perfect for dipping in marinara sauce or as a side to all your favorite pastas and soups.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
There's garlic bread, and then there's garlic bread with cheese! This recipe is perfect Perfect for dipping in marinara sauce or as a side to all your favorite pastas and soups.
- 14 ounces (400 grams) loaf French bread, (or Italian), sliced in half horizontally (lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley,
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Arrange bread on baking sheet, crust-side down.
In a small-sized bowl, combine together the butter, garlic, fresh parsley and salt. Mix ingredients until fully incorporated. Evenly spread the garlic butter mixture over bread halves all the way to the edges. Top with the cheeses and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, or until the cheese is melted. Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Calories 448, Cholesterol 39 milligrams, Protein 17 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Sugar 2 grams