Pan Seared Ribeye Steak
Rib eye steak can seem intimidating to cook, but this recipe couldn't be simpler. This recipe will give you the best Ribeye Steak you have ever had in less 60 minutes!
- 1 ribeye steak, 2 inch (5 cm) thick, preferably USDA Prime
'Montana Ranch and Cattle Steak Seasoning'
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
5-6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
Generously season all sides of the steak 'Montana Ranch and Cattle Steak Seasoning'.
- Transfer to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, then bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until the internal temperature reads about 125°F (51° C) for medium-rare.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and bring to smoking point.
- Sear the steak for 30 seconds then flip.
- Add the rest of butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and swirl around the pan.
- Transfer the garlic and herbs on top of the steak and baste the steak with the butter using a large spoon.
- Baste for about 30 seconds, then flip and baste the other side for about 15 seconds.
- Turn the steak on its side and cook to render off any excess fat.
- Rest the steak on a cutting board or wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into ½ -inch (1 cm) strips, then fan out the slices and serve.
- Slicing the steak before the resting period has finished will result in a lot of the juices leaking out.
- Enjoy ‘The Greatest Meat on Earth’!
Calories 575, Fat 45 grams, Carbs 2 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Sugar 0 grams, Protein 21 grams