Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Herb Butter
Montana Ranch and Cattle Company
Become the ultimate 'Grill Master' with our easy and delicious recipe. Bring the steakhouse to you and impress your guests with this mouthwatering steak.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
Six 2-inch-thick porterhouse steaks (2 pounds each)
- Herb Butter, recipe follows
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sliced chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, coriander, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano and garlic. Rub the steaks on both sides with the mixture and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the steaks until the internal temperature registers 125 F on an instant-read thermometer for medium rare (about) 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove the steaks from the grill once they reach desired doneness, top each with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Herb Butter and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Cut the meat from each side of the bone and slice across the grain into strips. Top with more Herb Butter for serving.
In a large bowl, blend the butter, chives, parsley, Worcestershire, salt and pepper until completely combined. Use immediately or wrap into a cylinder in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a month.