Tiramisu is a classic Italian, no-bake dessert. This decadent dessert will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen, but is really easy to make. It consists of layers of espresso, soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone custard, whipped cream, and cocoa powder.
Classic TIRAMISU CAKE
Montana Ranch and Cattle Company
Tiramisu is a classic Italian, no-bake dessert. This decadent dessert will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen, when it could not be mote simple to make. It consists of layers of espresso, soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone custard, whipped cream, and cocoa powder.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 cups espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 24 lady fingers hard variety
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
Layering & Garnish
Create a double boiler by bringing a couple inches of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Place a heat safe bowl on top of the saucepan and whisk together the egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk this constantly in the bowl over the saucepan for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer on medium-high to mix together heavy cream and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, until doubled in size. Fold in the Mascarpone cream.
Add the egg mixture into the mascarpone mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly. Once all has been added in, use the hand mixer and continue to mix until peaks form.
Layering & Assembling
lightly dust a 9-inch square dish with cocoa powder.
- Pour the espresso into a shallow bowl.
Dip lady fingers into the espresso quickly, and line the bottom the 9-inch dish. Only dip what you need for that layer, and be sure to dip quickly so they do not soak up too much espresso.
- Once you have the bottom layer, spoon half of the mascarpone mixture over the lady fingers and gently spread. Dust lightly with cocoa.
Repeat this process until of dipping the lady fingers and layering the remaining mascarpone mixture.
Dust the final layer of cream with powders and cover with chocolate shavings.
Chill for a minimum of 4 hours so that the flavors can come together.
Feel free to garnish or top with raspberries!
Calories 574, Carbs 50 grams, Protein 9 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Sugar 20 grams